Recommend this job or apply yourself.
Not ready to apply?
Head of EU Pricing Analytics
- Requisition #: 67633BR
- Location: United Kingdom, London
- Category: Finance
The Head of EU Pricing Analytics is responsible for leading the pricing analytics team and partnering with the Marketplace Pricing business unit in providing analytical insight through to business recommendation.
The goal is to help determine a course of action that will allow eBay to monetise the site fairly for sellers, pulling key inventory onto the site and allowing us to return a sensible profit to our shareholders.
The role will have two direct reports and two indirect reports (from our rotation programmes and off-shore India Centre) possibly expanding to include other areas of seller analytics over time.
- Develop deep insights of pricing and revenue monetisation on the eBay EU websites with the following key deliverables:
- Scenario modelling and business recommendations for DE,UK,FR,IT,ES + other markets across C2C and B2C segments
- To cover major price changes, tactical promotions and pricing tests
- Provide analysis price changes and customer reactions to inform business perspective of performance
- Work with US team & external experts to improve methods and approaches to global pricing
- Innovate with the EU pricing analysts to improve our modelling, elasticity and tracking capabilities
- Manage the pricing analysts & dotted line the CoE analysts.
- Challenge the BU in their thinking and direction and become a trusted business partner and impartial counsel.
- Help the BU prioritise the analytical deliverables
- Technical work will include:
- Pulling data from the warehouse (SQL or SAS based)
- Excel modelling
- Ad hoc deep dives into business results
- Assessment / scoping of early stage concepts
- Report, analyse and provide key insights on the impact of strategic price changes in particular
- Extract, analyse and collate data from a variety of sources to create both regular and ad hoc reporting for senior EU management
- Assess internal/external factors that may influence customer usage and key metrics, particularly regarding the competitive landscape.
- Provide performance measurement and insight into key business drivers.
- Work closely with primary business partners – Head of EU Pricing (within eBay EU Marketplaces Business Unit), Pricing Analytics group in San Jose and EU Finance in Bern.
- Always walk in the customers’ shoes and use the site.
- Live the mission statement: Enabling decisions through actionable insight.
Bachelors Degree or Equivalent